Find Inspiration and Motivation this Winter
This month’s theme is, “INSPIRATION”.
As we settle in to the deep winter chill, I try my best to stay motivated and inspired. It is very easy to let these daily practices fall away once the sunny days have disappeared and the need to retreat starts to set in. However, over the years, I have discovered several ways to keep my inspiration high, in spite of the shorter days.
What keeps me inspired?
- If I don’t set goals, I have a hard time keeping inspired. Whether it is daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly goals, I find chasing after my dreams very motivating.
- Another important aspect of keeping myself motivated, is connecting with friends and family. Having a strong support system, is a great way to personal success and self-empowerment.
- If I am struggling to maintain my inspiration, I focus on a creative task. The more I flow in the direction of creativity, the easier it is to maintain my joy for all aspects of life.
How do I motivate myself when I am not inspired?
JUST DO IT
- Sometimes inspiration is just not available. That’s when I rely on my “just do it” attitude. If I know that I will feel better after getting tasks done, regardless of inspiration, than I use my rational mind to empower me through. After doing this a few times, it becomes easier and easier to keep motivated, even if the inspiration/creativity is not available.
- Another great tip to keeping myself motivated, is to clean up and organise my tasks. A messy mind or desk, or yoga studio does not motivate me at all. A clutter free environment makes way for a clutter free mind.
- Last, and certainly not least, when I commit to something I feel the natural urge to complete the task, even if I don’t feel inspired or motivated. The act of committing can itself be very inspiring.
Winter can create a sense of hibernation and contemplation for most people. However, that doesn’t mean that everything in life stops until spring starts again. Instead, I have discovered that setting goals, surrounding myself with supportive friends and family, and maintaining organisation throughout the creative process, it isn’t hard to access inspiration and motivation along the way.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” Mark Twain
See you on your mats. Sweat, stretch & smile,
Kula Yoga has a beautiful hot yoga studio on Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn, Melbourne. Kula offers ‘Hot Yoga’ classes for detoxification, dynamic power yoga ‘Flow Yoga’ as well as a gentle ‘Light Yin Yoga’ option. Beginners through to advanced students are welcome to all classes. Kula also provides prenatal & postnatal yoga classes, and provides Melbourne workplaces with group corporate yoga programs to build employee health, fitness and wellbeing, and school yoga programs. Kula also runs an annual ‘Kula Cruise’ yoga retreat sailing from Bali to Lombok & the Gili Islands. Find out more on our website www.kulayoga.com.au. Or follow us:
Facebook: Kula Yoga Australia
Instagram – @kulayoga
Twitter – Kula Yoga Australia
Youtube – Kula Yoga Australia