“Kula” – Ancient ‘Sanskrit’. Community of the Heart. A group coming together of its own free will. An intentional clan, tribe or family.
When we created Kula Yoga our vision was to stay true to its meaning and nurture a space where people could come and share their ideas, goals and perhaps a cup of tea. We saw a place where people were able to enjoy uplifting yoga classes in a beautiful space, strive for health and wellbeing, and encourage one another to make a difference in this wonderful world of ours.
After only 3 weeks since we opened the studio we have been blown away by the calibre of the people walking in our door.
From those that are juggling a busy work and home life being able to prioritise their practice as their ‘me’ time, to those training for the Melbourne marathon, to those that have just made a conscious decision to get moving and graduate from an armchair athlete to start participating in exercise.
And among the crowd of smiles we have gems like Lizzy from lululemon Camberwell who not only brought her parents in to practice with her but has now set herself a ’30 Days of Yoga’ challenge for October and has encouraged her workmates to join her.
We also have Madeleine who is the beaming face of our PR partner Zealous Communications and Chantelle from ‘One Girl’. These ladies are positive, driven and incredibly inspiring. You may have seen them in class practicing in their school dresses to raise awareness and funds for the ‘Do It In A Dress’ campaign raising money to send girls to school in Africa. Their passion is contagious and I’m proud to let you all know we’ve got a fun, Friday night flow fundraiser on its way on October 26. Save the date and stay tuned!
So next time you’re in the studio, say hello to the person next to you. Spending a few minutes sharing a laugh, a story and a cup of tea might just change your day.
We will continue to build not only our tribe in the studio, but also participating in the external community surrounding us. Some exciting events coming up for you to be a part of:
– This Saturday Oct 6, 8.00-9.00am – ‘Yoga 101’ FREE workshop at the studio. Everyone welcome!
- Perfect for first timers, beginners or those wanting to revisit their basic alignment.
– Sunday Oct 7, 1.00-2.00pm – Boroondara Health, Lifestyle & Leisure Expo.
- I’ll be teaching a beginners vinyasa flow class on the oval. It’s free and open to all visitors. Balwyn Leisure Centre & Gordon Barnard Reserve.
– Friday Oct 26, 6.00pm – ‘Do It In A Dress’ Fundraiser for One Girl.
- Stay tuned for final details, until then save the date! It’s going to be a fun, Friday flow with surprises!
– New classes for stage 2 of our schedule are currently getting finalised. The announcement will come through soon. Exciting times ahead. Thank you for all of your input for days and times.
See you all on your mat soon. Thank you all for sharing your energy and spark.
Sweat, stretch & smile,
Kula Yoga has a beautiful hot yoga studio in Hawthorn, Melbourne. Kula offers ‘Hot Yoga’ classes for detoxification, dynamic ‘Flow Yoga’ as well as a gentle ‘Light Yoga’ option. Beginners through to advanced students welcome to all classes. Kula also provides Melbourne workplaces with group corporate yoga programs to build employee health, fitness and wellbeing. Kula Yoga offers staff a unique yoga experience to strengthen their minds and bodies. Find out more about our beneficial group yoga programs on our website www.kulayoga.com.au