We’ve all done it. Set goals and then let them fall into the background of our busy, hectic lives. But what if you knew exactly how to stay on top of the intentions you’ve set? Goal-setting guru and Kula Yoga instructor Haydn gives us 5 tips to stay on track with goals.
- Don’t go overboard! Keeping your goals few in number will allow you to stay focused and on track. You can always amend, add or modify as needed.
- Make sure your goals are SMART. By this I mean:
Specific – you must identify exactly what you want to achieve
Measurable – so you will know when you have achieved them
Action-able – every goal should include an action eg Run, Finish, Quit
Realistic – goals should be audacious but realistic. Push the boundaries
Timely – a goal is a dream or wish but with a deadline
- Write them down. Writing goals down is much like setting an intention for your yoga practice. When you write your goals down you are stating your intention and setting the wheels of achievement in motion. For motivation, consider setting time aside each week or month. Maybe write goals down in a special notebook, or keep them visible so you stay on track.
- Review them frequently. Just like yoga, goal setting is a practice. The more often you review your goals the more connected you are to them and the more likely you are to achieve them.
- Share them with those who believe in you and your goals and are committed to helping you achieve them.
Cultivate what you want and then be prepared to get it!
Want to learn more about how to design and live a life that you love? Join Haydn for an informal, fun and inspiring goal setting session at Kula:
Goal Setting Workshop- Saturday, Jan 30 2.30-4 p.m./ $25 (free for 30 Day Challengers!)
Book in studio or online: https://kulayoga.com.au/workshops
About the instructor/author: Haydn has always had extremely active lifestyle. He comes from a background in gymnastics and spent 10 years as a professional dancer and acrobat touring all over the world. Haydn has always practiced yoga as a way to keep his body in tip top shape and injury free. Haydn completed his 200 hour Power Yoga Teacher training and is extremely honoured to be part of the team at Kula.
Kula Yoga has a beautiful hot yoga studio on Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn, Melbourne. Kula offers ‘Hot Yoga’ classes for detoxification, dynamic poweryoga ‘Flow Yoga’ as well as a gentle ‘Light Yin Yoga’ option. Beginners through to advanced students are welcome to all classes. Kula also provides prenatal & postnatal yoga classes, and provides Melbourne workplaces with group corporate yoga programs to build employee health, fitness and wellbeing, and school yoga programs. Kula also runs an annual ‘Kula Cruise’ yoga retreat sailing from Bali to Lombok & the Gili Islands. Find out more on our website www.kulayoga.com.au. Or follow us:
Facebook: Kula Yoga Australia
Instagram – @kulayoga
Twitter – Kula Yoga Australia
Youtube – Kula Yoga Australia