As we journey through Spring and wait in anticipation for new freedoms, it’s time to clear the way for health & happiness. It’s been a tough year, there’s no denying that. For a long time circumstances have been out of our control, leaving us feeling helpless and frustrated. And whilst we still wait in hope for life to return to “normal”, there are things we can do to bring back a sense of control in our lives.
“You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” ~ Wayne Dyer
Whilst the journey from Spring to Summer may feel a little different this year, it will always represent the opportunity for new growth. So in the midst of uncertainty, how can we look to the future with hope?
In the words of Wayne Dyer, “you cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.” So let’s start there.
Start by clear the inside clutter to allow space and freedom to grow. Let go of the stagnation & inner frustration that you’ve been holding on to, so that you have room to breathe! Fill this new space in your body & mind with positive energy.
How can you clear out the mental clutter?
- Tame your To-Do list ~ When you’re overwhelmed lists help to consolidate scattered thoughts and tasks, so if you haven’t used them in the past start now. Just make sure your list is prioritised and you tackle the critical tasks first so they take up less worry space.
- Clean up the actual clutter ~ Clean up your physical space to create some mental freedom!
- Reframe your thinking ~ Ignore those negative thoughts that tell you you’re not good enough and focus on positive self-talk.
- Turn off the screen ~ An important part of living in the present is noticing what’s going on around you. Turn off your screens for a period of time and connect in person.
How can create space for growth?
- Eat, sleep and live well ~ A healthier you is a happier you, and vice versa. So eat well, sleep well and feel good.
- Live in the present ~ Whilst it’s important to plan for the future, don’t get so caught up in tomorrow that you’re not living today, and don’t waste your time focusing on what you can’t control.
- Move, breathe & connect ~ Get moving, whether it’s yoga or a walk in the park. Breathe to focus the mind and connect back in with yourself. Your body will love you for it!
- Create your own sanctuary ~ Create your own quiet space where you can decompress, breathe and focus on positive thoughts.
Let go of what you can’t control on the outside and focus on what you can control on the inside ~ your health & happiness.
Need a little extra support to clear out the clutter? Join Kula’s founder Kacey Smith this Saturday Oct 31 for a 90 minute Virtual Masterclass to ‘Clear The Hips’ Slow Flow & Yin ~ release physical tension and emotion resistance by focusing on deep hip openers. Bookings via www.kulayoga.com.au/workshops
We’ll see you on the mat soon!
Strengthen, energise, release & thrive with Hot Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Slow Flow and Yin Yoga classes at our beautiful studios in Hawthorn & Hampton, in Boroondara and Bayside Melbourne.
Our studios also host regular yoga workshops, Victorian weekend yoga retreats, and overseas retreats to exotic places like Bali, Thailand & India. We also offer as a mobile yoga programs for community, school and corporate groups.
Our Hawthorn studio caters to the surrounding suburbs of Camberwell, Kew, Canterbury, Glen Iris, Richmond, Balwyn & Surrey Hills.
Our Hampton studio covers the Bayside communities of Brighton, Sandringham, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Highett, Moorabbin & Bentleigh.
Join our dedicated Online Studio with flexible membership options to allow you to complement your in studio classes with at home practice.
Enjoy our Intro Offer ~ 6 Classes for $50 ~ for newcomers to the studio, valid for 3 weeks from first use.