“Your dreams are only your dreams until you write them down…then they are goals.”
What is it about the start of the year that gets us excited and motivated to set new goals? Is it the promise of a new year and a fresh start, or is it the opportunity to reflect on the year gone and take a new direction?
Whatever your reasons, we’re here to help you kickstart your year and set health, career and personal goals for your future.
So, what is Goal setting? Essentially it’s asking yourself the profound question ~ what do I want from my life?
Did you know we have a past blog post exploring this question ~ check it out HERE!
We’re dedicated to helping you make the best start to your year and have a number of exciting opportunities to kickstart your journey.
Our 30 Day Yoga & Goal Setting Challenge starts Jan 21 and is not only the perfect opportunity to introduce or re-establish a regular yoga practice, but the chance to set yourself intentions or goals for the year ahead.
We’re also excited to be offering our first workshop for the year ~ ‘Create Your Best 2017’ Yoga, Wellness & Goal Setting with Kula teacher Sharon on Jan 21. This is the perfect launch to your 30 Day Challenge as Sharon will lead you through an energising flow, as well as explore how to set intentions and ensure success.
So, have you tried to set goals before and failed?
We’ve all done it. Set goals and then let them fall into the background of our busy, hectic lives. But what if you knew exactly how to stay on top of the intentions you’ve set? Goal-setting guru and past Kula Yoga instructor Haydn gave us 5 tips last year to stay on track with goals. Here they are:
- Don’t go overboard! Keeping your goals few in number will allow you to stay focused and on track. You can always amend, add or modify as needed.
- Make sure your goals are SMART. By this I mean:
Specific – you must identify exactly what you want to achieve
Measurable – so you will know when you have achieved them
Action-able – every goal should include an action eg Run, Finish, Quit
Realistic – goals should be audacious but realistic. Push the boundaries
Timely – a goal is a dream or wish but with a deadline
- Write them down. Writing goals down is much like setting an intention for your yoga practice. When you write your goals down you are stating your intention and setting the wheels of achievement in motion. For motivation, consider setting time aside each week or month. Maybe write goals down in a special notebook, or keep them visible so you stay on track.
- Review them frequently. Just like yoga, goal setting is a practice. The more often you review your goals the more connected you are to them and the more likely you are to achieve them.
- Share them with those who believe in you and your goals and are committed to helping you achieve them.
Cultivate what you want and then be prepared to get it!
We’ve got the perfect opportunity to help you design and live a life that you love, so dive in and get started!
30 Day Yoga & Goal Setting Workshop ~ Jan 21 – Feb 19
‘Create Your Best 2017’ Yoga, Wellness & Goal Setting Workshop ~ Jan 21, 2-4pm (All challengers enjoy a 20% discount on the workshop, bringing the investment to just $32!)
Bookings for both the 30 Day Challenge & Workshop in studio or online: https://kulayoga.com.au/workshops
Kula Yoga has a beautiful hot yoga studio on Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn, Melbourne. Kula offers ‘Hot Yoga’ classes for detoxification, dynamic poweryoga ‘Flow Yoga’ as well as a gentle ‘Light Yin Yoga’ option. Beginners through to advanced students are welcome to all classes. Kula also provides prenatal & postnatal yoga classes, and provides Melbourne workplaces with group corporate yoga programs to build employee health, fitness and wellbeing, and school yoga programs. Kula also runs an annual ‘Kula Cruise’ yoga retreat sailing from Bali to Lombok & the Gili Islands. Find out more on our website www.kulayoga.com.au. Or follow us:
Facebook: Kula Yoga Australia
Instagram – @kulayoga
Twitter – Kula Yoga Australia
Youtube – Kula Yoga Australia