(Note for Bali retreat please scroll towards the bottom of this page)
Please note the following terms before purchasing:
– To receive concession rates, a valid concession/student/seniors card must be presented before class.
Terms & Conditions
ALL Membership & Class Purchase Policy:
– ALL classes and memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be shared.
– ALL 12 Month unlimited memberships are permitted to be suspended one time only for no less than 1 week and a total of 4 weeks. A confirmation email must be sent prior, stating the dates of suspension to [email protected]
– Multi class passes may only be extended for medical reasons only. It is the students responsibility to notify the studio in writing via email: [email protected] at time of illness/injury. A physicians letter is required outlining the extension period before any adjustment to the pass is made.
– Please take note of the expiration date of your membership or passes, students assume responsibility for their pass validity.
– Gift cards may be redeemed at any time for class passes or merchandise. ALL Gift Cards are non-refundable.
– Lost or stolen gift cards are at the onus of the student and will not be honoured by Kula Yoga.
– ALL workshops and special events are non-refundable, but are transferable with prior notification of 1 day before the event.
– The schedule is subject to change or cancellations may occur without notice.
– Kula Yoga reserves the right to change the location of the studio to an alternate premises within a 2km radius. Kula Yoga will give all membership and pass holders no less than 28 days notice written notice via email.
– Class and membership fees may occasionally increase each year due to the cost of living. It is our intention to keep our pricing reasonable.
– All prices are shown in Australian dollars and include the 10% GST.
– To receive concession rates, a valid concession/student/seniors card must be presented before class.
Returns & Refunds
– ALL classes and memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable and can not be shared.
– ALL workshops and special events are non-refundable, but are transferable with prior notification of more than 1 day before the event.
Please note, in addition to the terms and conditions for all Kula memberships and classes, the Kula Tribe Unlimited Direct Debit Kula Yoga Membership has the following:
– This convenient membership entitles you to unlimited regularly timetabled Hot, Power, Yin, Basics and Pre & Postnatal yoga classes as well as 1 free mat hire per class, 1 free sweat towel hire per class, 20% off our monthly in-house yoga workshops and free entry into our yoga challenges.
– This membership excludes guest teacher workshops, retreats or other special events at Kula Yoga.
– Once you sign up for the $38 per week rate ($33 for students), you commit to that price for an initial commitment of 16 weeks minimum term. The term commences on the date that you purchase the membership or such other date as agreed by Kula Yoga.
– Contracts automatically carry over indefinitely, to an ongoing week to week contract, after the 16 week minimum term.
– After the initial 16 week commitment your contract can be suspended at anytime for a minimum of 1 week and maximum of 4 weeks, with a maximum number of suspensions totalling 4, over the course of a 12 month period. Maximum suspension period of 1 year in situations of pregnancy.
– You must give at least 1 week’s notice to arrange a suspension on your membership by emailing [email protected].
– Should you wish to cease your contract after the initial 16 week commitment you must give Kula Yoga at least 1 week’s notice by emailing [email protected]
Fees & Payments:
– Membership fees will be charged to your credit card or bank account once every 4 weeks via our third party biller, Ezidebit.
– From time to time, Kula Yoga may change the price of the membership fees and alter its inclusions to align with current market trends. Notice of any changes will be provided at www.kulayoga.com.au and take effect not less than 2 weeks after the date the change was posted on the website.
– It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover the 4-weekly auto debit payment. If an auto debit payment is declined due to insufficient funds the transaction will fail and additional administration and bank costs may be incurred. Unfortunately Ezidebit are unable to absorb these costs and will apply a fee for failed transactions. The fee is currently $11.90, but may change from time to time. This fee will be debited from your account after the declined payment.
– Kula Yoga is in no way responsible for any additional bank fees you may incur from your bank. Bank fees are under the terms and conditions of contractual agreements between you and your bank.
– If an auto debit payment can’t be made for any reason, Kula Yoga may in its absolute discretion, process payment anytime after the due date upon receipt of sufficient monies in your account.
– Kula Yoga may at any time, and in its absolute discretion, cancel your membership, including if your auto debit payments fail for 2 payments or more.
– The terms and conditions of our third party biller, Ezidebit, form a binding component of your membership agreement. They can be found at https://kulayoga.com.au/policies. By purchasing an unlimited membership, or attending any class using an unlimited membership, you are deemed to have agreed to and signed the Ezidebit terms.
GENERAL KULA PASSES:
Please note, in addition to the terms and conditions for all Kula memberships and classes, the listed passes also have the following:
Multi Class Pass
– 10 Class Passes are valid for 4 months
Extensions will only be granted with a medical certificate outlining the injury/illness and how long this prevented you from exercising.
– Intro Passes & 1 Month Unlimited Passes can’t be put on hold
– 12 Month Unlimited Passes can be put on hold for 1 week minimum for up to 4 weeks total.
Any other requests for pass extensions will only be granted with a medical certificate outlining the injury/illness and how long this prevented you from exercising.
Please note our Cancellation Policy for online class bookings:
-Online reservations are available to those wanting to secure their spot in class, however all spare spots are available for walk ins if you’d prefer the freedom of dropping in.
– Please respect your fellow yogis. If you reserve a spot in class and don’t show up, or cancel your reservation within two hours of the class start time, you will be charged for the class.
– Members on unlimited monthly passes, and our intro offer, will have their reservation privileges suspended if they miss or ‘late cancel’ 2 classes in any 2 week period.
– “Late Cancel” appears when the online cancellation period has passed. This option can be used to allow another person to register in that availability. For more information, please contact Kula Yoga at 1300 992 133.
Change Of Policy
Kula Yoga may vary these terms and conditions from time to time. By continuing to use the Website after a change has been posted on the site or after you have been notified of a change you will be deemed to agree to the change of terms and conditions.
Kula Yoga has made every effort to ensure that the information presented on this web site is correct and true.
The information presented here is of a general nature and there is a possibility that changes in circumstances after the date of publication may impact on the accuracy of the information.
The company accepts no responsibility or liability for the public’s subsequent use or misuse of the information provided.
We encourage you to contact our office before making any decisions based on the content of this website.
BALI RETREAT SEPTEMBER 13-19, 2020 – TERMS & BOOKING CONDITIONS:
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a retreat with us.
On receipt of cleared payment or deposit of retreat fare(s) by Kula Yoga a binding contract shall be deemed to exist between the guest(s) and Kula Yoga, subject to the terms and conditions of the Kula Yoga Contract.
Payment schedule for individual and small group bookings
We require a non-refundable 30% deposit to secure your bookings.
50% of balance is due on or before Friday March 27th 2020.
Remainder of amount payable is due by Friday May 29th 2020.
Full payment must be received on or before Friday May 29th 2020 otherwise you may be considered to have forfeited your booking and deposit.
For all bookings made after Friday May 29th 2020, full payment is required within 48 hours and is subject to availability & any price increases or additional costs from suppliers/providers.
Cancellation for individual and small group bookings
Cancellation for individual and small group bookings received by Kula Yoga 90 days or more before retreat start date to which the confirmed booking applied: Cancellation fee equal to the 50% deposit of fare(s).
Cancellation for individual and small group bookings received by Kula Yoga less than 90 days before retreat start date to which the confirmed booking applied: Cancellation fee equal to 100% of the applicable fare(s).
No Show No Refund.
Any refunded amounts are subject to fees imposed by credit card companies, which may be up to 10% of the total transaction.
We may cancel a retreat at any time up to 90 days before departure. We may cancel a retreat at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control no refund is provided. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
In order for us to confirm your retreat arrangements you must provide all requested details with the balance of the retreat price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any dietary requirements and pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your retreat arrangements. Your booking cannot be confirmed without provision of these details.
If you wish to transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 90 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of $150 per person per change will apply. If you notify us less than 90 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the retreat.
No amendments are permitted to your booking within 30 days of retreat start date.
The price of your retreat includes:
Accommodation as listed in the retreat notes.
Yoga and other related health/fitness classes as listed in the retreat notes.
Sightseeing/activities and meals as listed in the trip notes.
The services of a Retreat Leader.
The price of your retreat does not include:
International or internal flights.
Airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges.
Meals other than those specified in the retreat notes.
Visa and passport fees.
Travel insurance (compulsory)
Optional activities and all personal expenses.
Prices & surcharges
Our retreat prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing, both of which are standard practice within the travel industry. This means our retreat prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability. It is possible that different guests on the same retreat may have been charged different prices. Your best option if you like the price you see is to book at that time to lock in that price with your 30% deposit. Any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after you have paid your deposit will not apply. If you wish to cancel your booking to take advantage of a cheaper price, full cancellation conditions apply. The most up to date pricing is available on our website. We reserve the right to impose surcharges up to 90 days before departure due to unfavorable changes in exchange rates, increases in transportation costs, increases in local operator costs, taxes, or if government action should require us to do so. In such instances we will be responsible for the amount up to 2% of the retreat price and you will be responsible for the balance up to a maximum of 10% of the retreat price. Please note that a levy of up to 2.5% may be applied to all purchases made by credit card.
For prices quoted in foreign currency rates, credit card charges will appear in other currencies and your credit card charges will reflect the difference in currency. You are advised to check with a published currency converter prior to final charges being booked on your credit card. Kula Yoga will not issue refunds for currency fluctuations.
Age & Health requirements
Minimum Age General Policy: The minimum age is 18 at the time of travel unless agreed otherwise.
Maximum Age General Policy: We have no upper age limit though we remind you that our retreats can be physically demanding and guests must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow full participation.
If applicable, it is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination.
Passports & Visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the country in which you will visit during your retreat. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the retreat. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your retreat. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all our guests and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your retreat; you will not be able to join the retreat without it.
Authority on Tour
A Retreat Leader runs our group retreats. The decision of the Retreat Leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well being of any person participating in the retreat. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a Retreat Leader, or interfere with the well being or mobility of the group, the Retreat Leader may direct you to leave the retreat immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to accept you on any future retreats booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
Acceptance of Risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the retreat is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. It is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
Limitations of Liability
We contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our retreats as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
Any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a trip, or any breach of the Booking Conditions, is excluded;
You release us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against us arising out of or in connection with your participation in a trip; and
Any condition or warranty, which would otherwise be implied by law into these Booking Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded.
To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion): (i) the provision of a similar trip to an equivalent value; or (ii) a refund of the total amount received by us from you in connection with your booking.
Any claim by you is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
Passenger Baggage and Valuables
It is recommended that baggage be kept to a minimum. All baggage must be clearly and durably marked and identified with guest(s) name and address. Guests should ensure that all baggage, valuables and other personal items are comprehensively insured. No intoxicating liquors, firearms, weapons, nor toxic, flammable, illegal or dangerous goods or substances shall be carried without the prior written consent of the Director of Kula Yoga together with the express consent of the Venue Manager. Kula Yoga shall not be liable for any loss or damage, of passenger(s) baggage, valuables and/or person articles and valuables, the liability for which shall at all times remain solely with the passenger(s) and in this regard the passenger(s) shall release and indemnify Kula Yoga from any claim or liability.
Optional activities not included in the retreat price do not form part of the retreat or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your Retreat Leader in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
Claims & complaints
If you have a complaint about your retreat please inform your Retreat Leader at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the retreat.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the retreat for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
The laws of Victoria, Australia govern these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a retreat or these Booking Conditions must be initiated in the courts of Victoria, Australia.
Updating of terms and conditions
The Company reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time, and it is the Client’s responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Company website www.kulayoga.com.au and will supersede any previous versions.